Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Veil

I am surrounded by an army of griffins. All of them ready to tear me down to shreds. Prediction and prophecies are showered upon my ears. Talks about doomsday and end of time is growing louder and louder. Suddenly, I wake up and realize it’s just a dream. These days Apocalypse is one of the recurring themes in my dreams. The ‘Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse’ have already paid me a visit. It could be a disclosure of something veiled from my cognitive impulses.
Burning sky with red crowned cranes and abandoned monasteries on distant hills are recurring visions. I am convinced that these dreams were eschatological battle of my consciousness. Orgasmic feel of the moon light has taken its toll. Dawn has become depressing and futile. Everything wakes up to a weird cacophony of hoots, cackles and wails disturbing the meditative silence of night. Drawing the blinds, I returned to the labyrinth of Daedalus. Heidegger is waiting for me to explain the ‘question of being.’
Philosophy is dying, no it’s dead! It’s has disappeared in the abyss of eternity. People who dive in the abyss never recover. Howard Roark is pacing towards the edge of eternity. He is followed by monks, fakirs and selfless men. All enter the mouth of Nebuchadnezzar stopping mid- way from the edge of eternity. Damn! How can I see all this happen without being in the abyss? In a second, I am staring at ‘Black Paintings’ executed by Goya. 
Sitting in the ‘House of the Deaf Man’ staring at Atropos, the inexorable goddess of fate and destiny, carrying scissors to cut the chords of life. My heart beat is slowly normalizing after the ‘divine plunge.’ Reflecting on the ‘question of being’ Heidegger is right when he says, “Being is what determines beings as beings.” I am slowly trying to understand ‘the being.’ Unable to grasp reality frustration grips my mind. The veil that’s hiding everything becomes opaque.
The armies of griffins have returned. They start nibbling on my head. I tried chasing them away but they pick me up and fling me into the ocean. Enough! I hate to be drowned. Feeling suffocated my eyes open. Thank God! I am here with creatures that look like me. I am happy with myself. The day is over and its time to look at the moon once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment